Monday, April 23, 2012

BLUE MONDAYS-BLUE AND WHITE CHINA

So if you know me, you already know that I am not a traditional person. I married my husband in a gay cabaret theater and I didn't have bridesmaids (You know who you are!;)) I would never buy matching furniture and my dishes are a mix and match of things I love, however, there is something I have always loved about blue and white china, which I believe to be VERY traditional. The intricate patterns and classic color scheme..honestly who doesn't love blue...just speak to me. This weekend I scored a blue damask storage ottoman at a yard sale for FIVE BUCKS. mint condish. I had planned to use it to stylishly contain the toy-nado that sweeps through this small space each day, as seen below, but now I am thinking of hauling our wood coffee table out to the garage, until the Bug gets a little older, and using it in our living room. In toddler vs. coffee table...coffee table always wins.  

A few snaps of my blue and white obsession...

The SCORE from this weekend...Hello Ernie

Some lovely vessels mixed into my garden..the Goodwill price tag occasionally shows up..oops

Frida keeping watch over my kitchen potions

This serving platter that we bought on our honeymoon in Isla Mujeres looks best with a buttload of guacamole in it.

This giant vase that I bought on ultra clearance ages ago and now fill with random Texas brush that I find on stroller walks

One of MANY vessels for holding jewelry in front of a stack of pictures waiting to be hung. I removed the pile of dirty tea cups and wine glasses for your viewing pleasure. You're welcome.

Kleenex. Not sexy but you gotta have em so they may as well come in a purty box.
And..this yummy vintage Japanese ginger jar I am lusting for on Etsy. Me wants.


Hope your Monday is a little less blue...

~Rachel