Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WOOHOO

As I am approaching my 100th sale in my Etsy shop, I feel it is necessary to do a big WOOHOO and celebrate this little milestone. I remember when I got my first sale. I was feeling discouraged that no one had bought anything and doubting myself and my work. I asked my hubby if I should keep investing time and effort into this little project. (He said YES by the way--good man) Later that day I sold a necklace. It is important for all artists to trudge on when they are feeling discouraged. Imagine if Picasso, or Van Gogh or Andy Warhol had quit after their first painting!  I can thankfully say I have gotten much better since I started almost a year ago and more importantly I LOVE IT. That is the most important part of the artistic process. 


A few of my favorites: 


THE FIRST CHIEFTAIN NECKLACE



THE FIRST PASHA NECKLACE


MACHU PICCHU NECKLACE



FERN FROND NECKLACE


BRASS KNOCKER NECKLACE featured on page 24 in the Washington Post Express
Sooooooo exciting!


100 sales is more than enough kudos to keep my going! Thanks to all who've helped, purchased, and given me lots of "trash" to make into treasure

Cheers~Rachel