Monday, July 23, 2012

BLUE MONDAYS 7-23-12

Oh Monday.  Back to the grind.. 

Feeling Blue? I'm always blue. Blue-obsessed that is. Some of my latest blue acquisitions:

These rockin' ethnic-inspired napkins I found for .99 each at Texas Thrift. I got a set of 6 and they are so beautiful. Seriously, Serena and Lily would charge like forty bucks for these. (S&L, if you are reading this, no offense--I heart you and I have a penny jar going for these sheets) 

This set of 6 frosted-glass vintage drinking glasses for 99 cents. They are a beautiful shade of blue, and a near exact match to my antique plates from my grandmother. Looking forward to having the whole set. My mom brings one or two plates in her suitcase every time she visits the Bug.  She has to have room for toys, books, and new clothes. Of course. 


This pretty little blue box I found at Goodwill for .99 (Are you seeing a trend here?) Right now it's holding jewels on the bathroom counter but I may use it as specialty packaging at Christmas in my shop.  While I'm here, this lotion from local soapsters, South Austin People, smells AMAZING. I want every scent and the bottles are BLUE.  Look at that cute couple in the picture frame!

And last, but not least, this HIDEOUS upholstered storage ottoman from...You guessed it..Goodwill. It was $9.99 (I'm not making up all of these 9's I swear).  Currently, it is dingy blue microfiber, 
but, is so practical with a toddler, a boatload of toys, etc...that it is worth owning and will soon be recovered in this sexy leopard, which coincidentally is a just a $9.99 (!! freaky) set of twin sheets. The fitted sheet is recovering my guest futon and the flat sheet will become part of this ottoman. 

You don't have to call me a genius. I already know. ;)
Hope your Monday is less blue.
Cheers
~Rachel