Monday, November 5, 2012

TRASHY SECRETS

photo Lucy Hale of Dirty Little Secrets
If you love some good, escapist, teeny-bopper entertainment, this show rocks.
I roped you in with that title, didn't I? 

Designer Secrets, silly. I try very hard to reuse and recycle as much as possible in my One Man's Trash creations. As much as people love to talk "green," when it comes to purchasing jewelry, and clothing, people want to feel as if they are wearing something new. Because of this, I am often reluctant to reveal what types of items I have upcycled in my pieces, as I don't want to devalue them in the eyes of my customers.  

I put a lot of thought and time into the balance, color, and overall artistic value of each piece. I want people to see my creations as a whole rather than the sum of its parts. Today, however, just for kicks, I am doing a big reveal of my SECRETS...things you didn't know were in your jewelry, in the hopes that you will start seeing your trash a bit differently, and find new ways to reuse things you normally don't think twice about tossing into the garbage. (Send them to ME!!) You'd be amazed what you can do with a pliers and a drill. That sounds kind of hardcore. sweet.

Here's a glimpse. . . 



I challenge you to visit my shop and see if you can find these items. Here's a few obvious ones.



Happy Hunting. 
Also, in the next week I am doing a big holiday promo with a fat, juicy, discount for my readers, friends, families, and facebook-legions. STAY TUNED!!
~Rachel