Monday, June 3, 2013

BLUE MONDAYS WALLPAPER EDITION

I've never had wallpaper in my house, mostly because I rent. I think it is stunning, especially with so many incredible patterns out there,  but it is just so much work and so much commitment. Patterns come and go. A few years ago it was all about damask. Now you can't escape the Ikat and chevron. Someday, though, I'm going to go for a bold pattern in one of our spaces. Some inspirations on this blue Monday. 

Incredible Gradient paper..can you imagine matching this up..ugh. 
1
Love this. A little tribal, but classic. Striking, yet casual.
2
Traditional and formal.
3
I've posted this image before. My idea of perfection. A little retro, a little glam but doable even if you have "alley" furniture. 
4
I'm so over damask, but I would love to veg out in this pattern-heavy room. And pairing it with this insane quilt is really working for me. 
5
This room arrangement is stiff and this powdery purple is really just wrong, and I pretty much hate this art on that pattern, but this paper is pretty great. I know, I need to learn to form an opinion.
6
Earthy, simple, beautiful. And chartreuse velvet is always a hell yeah. This couch is screaming for a red/orange/pink pillow.
7
These cabinets are pretty ick, but fresh and fun pattern. I'd pair this with a simple wood console, a big black and white photograph and a big vase of colorful flowers. 
8
Pretty fancy schmancy, but love the pairing with the vermilion door. This whole vignette needs to be "unstuffed," but stunning paper nonetheless. 
9
Dreamy boho yumminess.
10

Hope your Monday is a little less blue. 

Rachel 
photo creds: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10










No comments: