Thursday, September 26, 2013

FARM FRESH 9-26-13

I'm always on a never-ending quest to use up all of the squash and zucchini we get from our CSA. I'm just not a fan of eating it straight up. 
photo courtesy of www.dvo.com
I found this AMAZING recipe for Zucchini Bread and made it this morning. 

Oh my yumminess...The perfect morning treat for fall (although it's supposed to be 100 frackin' degrees in Austin today ARG). 

I cut the recipe in half (just use 2 eggs..don't worry about splitting one) and made one loaf. About 45 minutes was enough. 

**Important notes: I highly recommend adding a little shredded carrot, tiny pinch of nutmeg, grated orange zest, and a big handful of raisins or craisins to make it INSANE. Pairs well with Jayhawks radio on Pandora. 

I ate it on a plate, with butter and a napkin, like a real human (Ruby was gone). The baby kicked me super hard and said "hell yes" as I finished the last crumb. 

Happy Fall!
Rachel 


No comments: