Tuesday, September 10, 2013

FARM FRESH

Our Texas seasonal bounty from the CSA has been pretty predictable lately...  eggplant, peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, greens, and squash.
photo courtesy of jbgorganic.com
Last night I made this recipe for Eggplant Involtini..It was crazy good in an authentic Italian kind of way. I also used my home-made sauce as a component. yum.
photo courtesy of  alexandracooks.com
I've been turning all of my unused greens (collards, sweet potato greens, bok choys) into some sort of curry. I used this Radiant Bok Choy recipe for inspiration but added fresh garlic, a little hot curry powder and a tsp of brown sugar.
photo courtesy of nourishme.typepad
I have a plethora of butternut squash staring at me from the pantry and this week I'm roasting up one to make this Ricotta Stuffed Shell recipe. The rest should make it to soup season when the temps drop here to a cool 90 degrees. sigh. I miss Fall.
photo courtesy of keyingredient.com

Happy Eating!
Rachel


No comments: