Wednesday, October 23, 2013

BEAUTIFUL BITS-- ODE TO FALL


I'm sure I sound like everyone else all over the inter-world, but GOD I LOVE FALL!  I love it even more now that I live in a climate that feels like the surface of the sun most of the year.  Opening up our windows after months and months of air-conditioning feels SO GOOD.

There is something so mysterious, romantic, and mystical about fall. That crisp, sunny air just seems to give me so much more energy and believe me I need it heading into trimester three!
Some beautiful fall moments from our weekend.

Ruby finally getting the hang of pedals.

An incredible bounty of veg from our CSA which I made into this Tuscan bean soup.

Some good-timing country fun at Johnson's Backyard Garden's annual Fall Hoedown.
scamperers

Local musicians

Potluck of abnormal size

No store-bought cupcakes here. Seasonal salads and JBG's best home-cooked dishes for all to share!

Ruby getting her quinoa on.

Reluctantly admitting that hummus and veg pizza is really good. 

Wearing socks and boots on our toots without melting. (I dont' have these but I want 'em real bad).
anthropologie

Looking forward to spooooky nights.

Not to mention, Sundays watching football, orange spice tea, apple cider and popcorn, and that feeling of excitement that Christmas is juuuuuust around the corner.

Happy Fall!
Rachel


No comments: