Monday, December 2, 2013

RUBY TURNS THREE!

Birthday Cake 
Already, I like my three year old so much more than my two year old. 

Yes, we still have our tantrums and yes, she is that much faster when she is running away from me (I'm also slower), but overall I feel we have turned a corner in rational thought, understanding the rules, and the beginnings of grasping cause and effect. . . "If you don't sit down with the scissors, they go back in the drawer. . ."

She astounds me every day with her curiosity, memory, and connections. She has challenged me to rethink every part of my own personality and stretched me to the absolute limits of my patience. She has taught me to love in a way that I never knew existed. 
about 30 weeks with Ruby

Ruby, 4 months
Sometimes at the end of the day when she's starting to drift off to sleep with my arm around her, I think "there is no where I'd rather be right now" than watching her little face relax, her arms go slack and feeling her super soft forehead. 
6 months

1 year
Although some days seem to drag on, the time still seems to fly by.  How much longer will she let me cuddle her up in my lap, kiss her sweet little cheeks, or read her stories? 


It's been three years since I brought this beautiful creature home. Not so long ago and yet, I can hardly remember the feeling of not being a mother. What the hell did I do with all of my time? What was my driving force in life? It's not that I don't have other things that I'm passionate about, but the love I feel for my daughter is absolute and all-consuming. At the end of the day, her health, happiness and safety are all that really matter. 



And now I'm about to go there again. They say that the love grows. I can't even imagine it. I feel so full already. 


Happy Birthday, Ruby Mae. I'm so glad you chose me. 
Mommy xoxo


No comments: