Monday, March 17, 2014

BLUE MONDAYS: SHIBORI EDITION

It's an especially blue Monday..Back to work after a full week of spring break family fun. I'm back with my usual blue images to express my whiny attitude. While researching Boro, I stumbled upon Shibori. This is basically just fancy tie-dye with Indigo, but leave it to the Japanese to be all meticulous and awesome about it. 

I'm seeing this as a recent trend and I love it. But then I never stopped loving tie-dye. I'm just hippie flippie like that. 

Some examples: 











And some images of different techniques..which of course I'll be trying. 






I don't know how to use indigo (yet) so for now I'll substitute Rit Dye in Royal Blue. Some samples drying in the sunroom. Some old linen shirt scraps and yes, that's a kitchen towel. 




Expect to see these in one of my designs very soon! 

Enjoy!
Rachel 
All images can be sourced here

No comments: