Tuesday, March 4, 2014

IN STITCHES


Textile mania continues! I am getting so excited to start working on some of new projects. My recent research on quilting led down the path of decorative stitching and embroidery. I've done a little applique' and thread work in the past. I am completely self-taught and kind of just go for it, but the result is usually still pretty interesting. 

Some inspirations: 

Natalie Chanin's work for her company Alabama Chanin.  Her creations are AMAZING. 





Different running stitches I've been practicing. 


I love how even simple stitching can elevate a plain piece to something sumptuous and textured.


 Then there is mastery:











Free form work (lazy) like this is more my speed.



I LOVE this piece:



And my recent practice piece..very rustic by comparison. You may see this on a future bag. 



Cheers!

Rachel 
All images can be sourced here

1 comment:

Sarah Greenman said...

Beautiful! All of it.