Thursday, April 24, 2014

QUILTY PLEASURES

It's no secret I'm kind of textile-obsessed. One of my goals for the year was to finish the quilt I've been working on for going-on SIX years now. I work on it for a few days twice a year and then it gets packed up in a box for a long stretch of time. I'm giving myself the new goal of having it done for Ruby by the time I transition Huck into her room...hopefully this fall. 


I've been sewing more and more and I think if I actually just sat down to work on it one day I could probably finish the darn thing. You know.. in my "spare" time. I suffer from project A.D.D. and I often have so many passion projects going at one time that sometimes execution and completion suffers. This image below is similar to the fabrics and colors of my quilt. 


Anyhoo, I would love to be a quilter. I have this fantasy of giant wooden cabinets in my home, filled to the brim with gorgeous, cozy handmade quilts and blankets. Maybe my kids come home from college, grab a big cozy quilt, cuddle up on the sofa on Christmas Eve, watch movies..eat popcorn. The smell of home and comfort lingers in them as we fold them back up and stack them in the cabinet for the next time. 

In case you didn't know, quilts are a crap-ton of work. It takes a lifetime to have this kind of collection, but my children are three years and three months..so, you know, I have some time. 

Some inspiration images:











Piles and piles of blankets.. Someday. 
Enjoy!
Rachel
PS all images can be sourced here

No comments: