We are bombarded with a host of social media like blogs, Facebook, and Pinterest showing us that everyone else is living a more lovely, more crafty, more sexy, more organized, more happy life than we are.
In the essence of real-me-image-crafting, I'm starting a new weekly series called Confessions. To show you that I'm not perfect either, despite the cute, edited snippets of my (chaotic) life that I post here on the blog.
Truthfully I love my life and I would consider myself very fulfilled in several areas of my existence, but honey, we all got our shit. (Sorry-my newly acquired Texas dialect is creeping into my writing) I'm hoping people will respond when one of my confessions hits home--isn't it great to just relate to one another when you thought you were alone?
1. latest stupid thing you did to your kid/pet/self__Left unopened condom on floor of bedroom. Three year old brought it to me in shiny gold wrapper and said, "Mom can I have this for my treat, today?" True story. I had small stroke and said, "This is not candy, this is medicine" and shoved it in a drawer while texting my husband in the middle of the workday. He nearly peed himself.
2. I love to eat __big macs, even though its _McDisgusting_in a plethora of ways that could take up an entire blog post.
4. Something I still love ___Jack & Diane______ even though it is so uncool. "Little Ditty..bomp bomp 'bout Jack and Diaaaaane. Two 'Merican kids growin' up. In. the. heart. land. bomp bomp."
5. I sometimes wish I was___living Anthony Bourdain's life.
7. I still don't know how to____change a tire.
8. Right now I really don't like my ___wardrobe. Pre-preg, post-preg, mid-preg...what is the new normal me? Guess I'll put these big stretch pants on again.
9. Right now my ____calloused feet and janky toenails are a disaster.
So there it is..Craft that. More next week!.